Thery are the fusion of indian and italian
- 35 oz potato 35 oz = 1 kg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp curry paste use your favourite. Even though I usually love food as spicy as possible, I find a milder curry paste works best here. The best is an Indian Korma or Tikka paste, if you can find them in your local Indian store.
- 4 tbsp oil I’ve found vegetable oil gives best results
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ cup basil fresh (or 1 tbsp dried basil)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar or malt vinegar to serve
- To get an even crispier yet still fluffy texture to the potatoes, follow the first steps of preparation as above. After cooking for 15 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven. Add the dried basil and garlic (if using) Let cool for five minutes, then put them back in the oven for a further five minutes. Remove them again and let cool, followed by another five minutes of cooking. Repeat twice more, adding the fresh basil and garlic (if using) before the final five minutes. These Bombay potatoes are unbeatable.
Leave a reply